The day that you best friend gives your email address to their grandmother; even if it was a massive surprise, your immediate reaction is to want to punch them. Of course I wouldn’t do that but as a friend/friendly punch that I do to my friends.
The most awkward thing can ever happen is when your best friend trying to do a surprise for you; you know when you hate surprises but they still trying to do something nice for you, it was still a surprise when you know who it is.
Yep my friend had just done that number on me; thanks Caspian now I’ve got to get use to that one as well, not like it’s awkward enough. To be fair good call on the whole front of introducing me to the family slowly; than quickly throw me into the deep end of everything, but really I’ve just got use to you haha. All well.
I don’t mind with the whole family affair of people talking to me; but I do love Caspian grandmother, the way he talks about her and that we have similar characteristics. On which reminds him that I’m like her in so many ways; to which point Missy his grandmother, I do have to say is one incredible woman being determined to talk to me even on a late hour.
My grandparents wouldn’t even know what half of the social media is; even when one of them has it, but still doesn’t understand how to use it but wants to look at what his grandchildren are doing.
However creating new friendships through people is the best way forward; otherwise you will never get very far in life, if your going down the same road with the same friends etc. It’s hard that once you got use to your friends that you made; then when you make new ones somewhere else, you don’t know what to do or what to say. Here are some useful tips on getting passed that initial fear of meeting new people.
- Realising that your fear of meeting new people is most probably all inside your head – Each time you move around wether it’s from moving house, jobs, schools or even just want to meet new people to get out of your comfort zone. You start to think no one will like me, they will look into my past and judge me, judge me for who I am and etc. Which isn’t true; unless they are a bad egg then ignore them; they are worthless people, who need to change.
- Start out with a group of people who you are already friends with – No matter don’t forget your other friends when you move on; the best part is that they’ve always got your back no matter what, also you can expand on meeting new people through them as well.
- Get yourself out there – Most people like me are quite shy and etc but at times you have to push yourself, keep showing up, do something that’s strong and that will help you get noticed.
- Take the first step – realising of taking the first step is the hardest thing ever; look for something that’s more interesting to you, than that doesn’t interest in you. Stimulating your mind helps you focus and explore more to help open more in your brain to connect with each other.
- Be open minded – be open minded because if you don’t you will never know; embrace the unknown, don’t knock it before you try it, say “yes” than say “no” otherwise people may think your lazy or something, think 3 positives and one negative and etc
- Get to know the person – Get to know the person you could either play games like would you rather, get to know someone knew by learning how they think, instate the conversion, show your best self, be friendly, be patient, respect other people’s interest, pay close attention to the person, stay independent, spend time together, let there be positives and negatives, let the person know your interests are, share information and feelings, invite them to gatherings, spend more time together.
- Connect with genuine person – Always try to understand what people really mean when they speak, Always let the speaker be the star, The Barrier. This is going to back fire on me is so many ways; as you will see the next value point, in this moment in time. You may have your own thoughts and feelings about things; but you have the right to have opinions, so does the other person if you don’t agree with them. Nevertheless they may become over powering but let them; as long as you know that your true to yourself, what’s more you know your rights.
- Be yourself – Get in touch with your inner child, Become more aware of your thoughts. As I said in the last point I’m going back fire on myself here but it all ties in together; just be yourself and stay true to yourself no matter what people say or do, you have your own mind.
- Be there for them – Reach out – a conversation, text or call goes a long way, Listen, don’t judge, Do something together. Good friends are always there to reach out to their friends in need; no matter how far away they are, they will always be there by a phone call away.
- Make the effort to stay in touch – Social Media: A Blessing and a Curse, Why Don’t You Just Call Them?, Coping With Guilt, Overcoming Awkwardness. No matter if a friend has moved away or moved on; always make an effort to stay in touch no matter how busy you are, or what’s gone on just get in touch every so often.